This questionnaire was given to each player before gameplay started. Answers were privately given to the GM.
- What was your name when you were born? What name did you answer to during your Durance? What name do you prefer/would introduce yourself as (to another changeling)?
- What was your family life like before you were taken/growing up? (Looking for basic information here – what parents you lived with, what siblings you have, if any, married or not, children or not (and what ages), general economic status, and similar generic info).
- What religion were you before being taken, if any? Do you still consider yourself that religion?
- Who did you care about before you were taken? (Specific friends, family, romantic interests, role models/mentors)
- Did you ever date before you were taken? Were you involved with someone/married?
- What is your one goal in life? (After coming back, that is). Only an active goal, please – ‘fitting in’, for instance, isn’t really active.
- Are there any big secrets do you have that you desperately don’t want anyone (or almost anyone) else to know?
- What is your Virtue? What is your Vice?
- Out of character question – do you have a preference for how you want your fetch to be like? Missing, nice, evil, etc.? How strongly do you feel about that? I don’t promise to follow your preference, but I want to know. And please let me know if there’s some aspect you feel very strongly about.
- Out of character question – is there anything you’d be uncomfortable dealing with as a player or as a character? Both serious things – likes issues of abuse, which unfortunately come up sometimes as parts of a Durance – and less serious stuff, like you hate bargaining in character.